"The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer" by Jennifer Lynch (published 1990)


Because of the subject matter of this book, I couldn’t write a proper review (maybe I’ll be able to write one sometime in the future). What came to me instead was a short note to Laura. A bit of *fanfiction* for those who are as obsessed with Twin Peaks as I: 

Dear Laura, You are wise beyond your years: you are willing to accept what most people, young and old, cannot. Your innocence was robbed from you, yes, but you have something still, a power all your own that has nothing to do with sex. I know you’re surprised. But I mean it: it has nothing to do with sex. Though I know that’s one of your favorite things :) But this has to do with your capacity, your ability, to reflect, honestly and truly, within yourself and within each of your relationships, bringing out something that bravely stands in the face of superficiality and says: “F-you. I want - I need - something deeper.” It’s all right there in your diary. Between the horror, the twisted pleasure, the games - through the sadness, the terror, the evil, the violence, the prostitution, the drugs, the hate - there is a love stronger than you’ll ever understand but which you hold in your soul. Know that you are never alone. Even if BOB never ever dies, you’re never alone, and that in itself makes you a force more potent than him. A friend, F

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Sea Shells" by Paul Valery (published 1937)

"The Bear and the Nightingale" (Winternight Trilology #1) by Katherine Arden (published 2017)

"Crystal Intentions: Practices For Manifesting Wellness" by Lune Innate & Araminta Star Matthews (2019)